Monday, June 8, 2009

What am I drinking!?

Last week I went to a student dance performance at Feng Chia University (逢甲大學), where I am studying Chinese. Not only was the entrance free, but just before I walked into the auditorium, they handed me a free beer!

Wow, I thought, this is my kind of show!


However, upon closer inspection, I realized that I hadn't been given a free beer at all, I had actually been given a free can of green tea...


Beer flavored green tea to be exact!

What can I say, the Taiwanese sure do love their green tea!

Neither tea, nor beer, this drink reminded me of my early beer-drinking days when we mixed Ice House Beer with Sprite because we thought it made the beer taste better!

It certainly wasn't good beer and it wasn't good tea either, but I guess I have to give them kudos for introducing a creative option for the non-alcoholic beer drinker! However, I think I would recommend those craving the taste of beer without the alcohol to stick to O'Douls!

No comments:

Post a Comment