Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Modern Toilet

Tonight, I went with two friends to a quirky theme restaurant here in Taichung called The Modern Toilet (便所)


As soon as you are seated you can tell this is a special restaurant because instead of sitting on chairs, you sit on toilets:

The hallway even has some urinals in place - for decoration. Unfortunately, my friend Neil got a bit lazy on his way to the bathroom and decided that this one would serve his purposes just as well! haha.

And after you use the bathroom, you can wash your hands in a toilet bowl sink!


For dinner, I ordered Thai coconut chicken and it wasn't bad! It came in a lovely toilet bowl dish accompanied by a side dish covered with a little turd lid!


Clair also got a nice little load - I mean meal - in her toilet bowl!

Clair and I decided to have fun with my little turd and so we lifted up our seats, and...



Ok Ok, it's a bit gross, but how could we resist!!

My coconut chicken was so good, I even licked the bowl clean at the end!



And of course, what meal is complete without dessert?

If you haven't been to Asia, the dish may not be recognizable to you....

but it's a squat toilet!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy!!


A good time was had by all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. reviewfyer.com

    ReplyDelete