Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Project 365: Day 25

What's for dinner? Tonight I made chicken with a honey balsamic glaze (equal parts balsamic vinegar and honey simmered for ~1 minute, easy!), broiled asparagus, and mashed cauliflower (which is a surprisingly delicious alternative to mashed potatoes).

It was a bit of an experimental meal, as it's only the second time I've tried the chicken and the first time I've tried mashed cauliflower. The chicken was good - I like the glaze and it's super easy to make. I even think I could tinker with it a bit and make it even better.

The cauliflower was pretty good too. If I had a blender or food processor, I probably could have gotten the texture closer to actual potatoes, but Nick said he really liked the texture, and I did too - even though it's not what I was picturing. It was really easy too, I just boiled the cauliflower, mashed it up with some butter and milk, and added some garlic and Parmesan cheese.... voila!

Not too shabby for a thrown-together dinner.


1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I enjoy reading a lot and your stories are worth reading, nice blog, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete