Sunday, March 4, 2012

Project 365: Days 7, 8, 9

Time for weekend photos!! You can't blame me for not being able to post pictures EVERY day... this was a fun and busy weekend and now I have my pictures-of-the-day to share.


Day 7:
Friday night, Nick and I had late reservations to Restaurant Kevin Taylor in downtown Denver for Denver's Restaurant Week where tons of restaurants throughout the city offer special menus for $52.80/couple (get it.... Denver is 5,280 feet above sea level!?). So naturally, we picked one of the fanciest and most expensive restaurants in the city to take advantage of the deal. My meal was pretty good, but Nick's meal was absolutely delicious! Just fabulous. So my picture of the day is Nick showing off his yummy plate: sirloin steak and brisket
He even got dressed up for dinner and I wore a dress! It was lots of fun and nice for us to go out on a date together. Good night!


Day 8:
Saturday we woke up BRIGHT and early (5:40am) to head up to the mountains to ski. Finally, after a whole season of mostly mediocre snow we got some pretty nice conditions - great tree skiing, some untouched areas of powder, and lots of fun moguls... the only down side was that it was absolutely FREEZING (with the windshield it was about -5) - I think it was the second coldest day I've ever been skiing, aside from the time my mom flew out to learn to ski!  On our first lift, I snapped a shot of all four of us for my photo of the day:
That's kevin and in the reflection of his goggles is me, Aimee, and Nick - fun, huh? Unfortunately, in order to get the shot, I had to take my gloves off and by the time we were on our next chair lift I was practically hyperventilating because I thought I was getting hypothermia in my fingers. I managed to warm them up during the lift ride, but I have to admit, we didn't last very long. We got on our first lift at 9:20am and were walking to the car by 12:30!

Day 9:
Sunday! So for the third week in a row Aimee and I had a date to "Pin" - by which we mean work on crafts projects that we found on Pinterest. I was going to post a picture of my latest Pinterest project, but decided instead to go with a picture of the most amazing sushi delivery that I've ever had (from Taki Sushi in Denver). Nick and I devoured it in a matter of minutes and it was a great way to end a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment