Saturday, July 7, 2012

Project 365: Day 134

After a long day of doing absolutely nothing, Nick and I headed out for a little date. We started the night at Sketch (because I was craving cheese and sangria) and then checked out a new brewery in town TRVE on South Broadway. (It's actually "True" but they are using an old style font that looks like a V).
The beer was actually pretty good. I got a "salted wheat" which I have never had before and it really did have a little salty taste to it. It was light and smooth and unique and I would definitely drink it again.

Aside from that, Nick and I had a couple issues with the place. First of all, they only had 3 beers on tap which was a bit limited in our (humble?) opinions, a brew pub should have at least 5 beers on tap. And second they're a metal bar. Like heavy metal music - as in death metal music all the time. I'm definitely not a big fan of metal and it shouldn't be a surprise if the mass appeal is lacking a bit. A metal brew pub is a niche market to say the least, but if it can survive anywhere, I guess it's SoBo.

BUT their name!? TRVE? Ok, I don't think I can get on board with that little detail. If it's pronounced "True" then spell it that way! The bartender said that it's a V but it's actually a U but they're using this old school font, like carving stone tablets old, yada yada yada.... BUT that is a font issue my friends - so when it's listed in Google Maps or in the news paper in Times New Roman...it should be a "U" so people know how to pronounce your name!

Needless to say, it will be interesting to see whether or not the place flourishes, but considering the yummy wheat beer and the convenient location... we'll probably be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment