Sunday, August 5, 2012

Project 365: Day 163 (Crayon Art)

Another pinning day with my bestie Aimee!!
Melted crayon art is all over pinterst these days and yesterday I saw some in real life when I visited Katie's apartment. I was inspired by Katie's crayon art, so Aimee and I decided to "Pin" today and take on this project ourselves.

All we needed was a box of crayons, a hair dryer, and a canvas. Aimee brought over some paint, magazines, and Modge Podge for some mixed-media fun. 
Turns out, crayon art is actually really easy. All you have to do is hold the hair dryer up to the crayon and let it happen.
I chose a razzelberry pallet and ended up with a pretty nifty piece of art:
I had so much fun, I kept going and made a matching pair. After I was done with them, I did a watercolor wash over the whole thing - to give it a bit of depth. (Thanks to the great direction of my personal art teacher!)
I think they're pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment