Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Project 365: Day 208

I'm PINNING!!!!!

I finally took a little break from obsessive wedding pinning to go back to my original Pin-obsession: food! Nick and I bought a crock pot a couple of weeks ago and have yet to break it out of the box. I thought I'd get started in style by preparing 8 meals all at once.

One of my first pins ever was a blog post called "Freezer Cooking: Slow Cooker Meals" where a girl posts a grocery list and instructions for putting 8 meals worth of food into 8 1-gallon zip lock bags and throwing it into her freezer for later. Then whenever she needs dinner, she just thaws it the night before, throws it in her crock pot and has dinner ready when she comes home from work! Its pretty brilliant.

I'm about to embark on an grueling 6 weeks in a row of traveling for work and can almost guarantee that the house will be completely devoid of groceries for the entire month of October. With that in mind, I had an epic shopping trip on Tuesday and set out to prepare for the coming weeks. This way, I can still have home cooking when I come home from a trip without having to go to the grocery store on my way home from the airport! I'm excited and I hope the meals turn out well. (I'm sure I'll post some pictures of them as the month goes on!)

My bags consisted of two each of the following meals:
Healthy BBQ Chicken
Teriyaki Chicken
Veggie Beef Soup
Goulash (beef stew)

after exactly 2 hours and 15 minutes of prep work, this is what I ended up with:
each bag is labeled with the name of the meal, the date, and instructions for anything we need to add at the last minute and how long to cook it for. Pretty neat, huh!?

The grocery list that I used also included everything I need for a chuck roast in the crock pot, so in the next couple of days I will break my crock pot in with that recipe. Pretty domestic, don't ya think!?

No comments:

Post a Comment