Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Project 365: Day 229

Tomorrow I'm embarking on a 9-day business trip....torture for this travelling salesman.

Ok, it's not that bad. Honestly I'm happy with the places I'm visiting and the customer's I'm meeting, but 9 days in a row is pretty long for me and if I had to guess about what my disposition will be a week from today, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be around me. None-the-less, as with any job there are perks (working from home) and there are downsides (travel) and you have to take the good with the bad.

Unfortunately, this weekend is ESPECIALLY BAD because I'm missing my favorite weekend of the year: Great American Beer Fest. It is literally one of the most fun things we do all year and has completely changed the way I drink beer (or at least changed the beer that I prefer to drink!). For the last several years we have been volunteering with Nick's colleagues to pour beer Friday night and Saturday afternoon for the festival. It's a real labor of love, pouring (and drinking beer for free) for 4 hours each shift.

BUT this weekend I have to be in Wisconsin for work during the festival.  Since pouring beer for GABF is such a coveted role, I was afraid that if I just missed the festival all together, I would be black-listed from future GABF volunteering opportunities (or at least put to the bottom of the list) so, to stay in the good graces of the GABF, I spent Wednesday volunteering for the less glamorous role of setting up for the GABF. Definitely not even close to as fun as pouring, BUT I got two free tickets to next years GABF, so it wasn't a complete loss. And thus my picture of the day: Kegs for days and days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment